Honest criticism on "student" work

Hello everyone,

For the past several months I have been tackling the task of teaching myself how to put together films. I have gotten to the point where I've realized how little I actually know about all of the little things that it takes. So I recently found this forum and have been lurking for a few weeks. I figured I would join and see where I stand as I begin learning about the technical side of everything.

Basically I have no/very little technical knowledge when it comes to cinematography or even film making in general. I thought I would share two of my most recent projects with all of you to see what kind of response I could get. I know that the replies on "rate my work" sections are often sparse, so I am not looking for a lot. If someone could just give a little critique of either of the two projects it would be incredibly helpful.

This is a stop motion video I put together over 14 days right before Christmas this year.

The Malkin Jewel

I did this one a few weeks ago for a music video contest.

I am not looking for a toned down critique because I am new to this. I would like to know exactly what I am doing wrong or even right.