Studio Logos

Matt Day

Probably a silly question but one which has completely puzzled me since i noticed it..

The studio logos that screen before the body of the movie (eg: WB, Paramount etc), always seem to pop out of the screen with much more clarity than any part of the film does. Of course the big studios want themselves to subconsciously in an audiences mind be seen as the 'bosses', it's a way they can say to people 'we own this film' without sending some greasy executive to read out copyright contracts during the trailers from rival studios..

I pointed this out to a friend of mine and we were trying to work out how the heck the studio logos always 'popped' whilst the film itself remained relatively repressed, perhaps my technical brain isn't working as well as it used to be or it's just too early in the morning now to think but if anyone has any ideas (or facts) feel free to jump in and settle this..

Indeed i must apologise for such a ridiculous question but far too many pints have been sunk whilst trying to work out the answer!

~Happy Days.

My goodness what a terribly embarrassing post. :o I have to apologise for the stupidity (and double post), it's a side effect of sinking far too many pints at a meeting earlier and being able to post from my phone. I swear i need to make a filter for that thing so i don't end up posting something ridiculous like this again.

Please do feel free to laugh or patronise me by actually answering the question. If you haven't already 'worked out' the answer really i would question whether or not you've been drinking as well...

Edited by Matt Day