Bolex P4 Accessories question

Bill Pascarelli

I recently recieved a Bolex P4. It came with these 2 accessory pieces, and I do not know what they are. They are obviously supposed to fit over the lens or over another lens attachment, however they do not fit or screw onto it at all. The camera also came with a large SOM Berthiot lens cover thats much larger than the lens thats attached to the camera. This lens cover does fit on the My Bolex B8L also came with one similar attachment and I do not know what that is either. What are these things? Are they parts of accessories that were not given to me?post-55636-0-51565900-1339294973.jpg

Guest Glenn Brady

The lens shade on the left is for a Topcor lens, as the markings on it indicate, and the lens shade on the right fits some Schneider-Kreuznach lens. Neither is original to the P4, which has an SOM Berthiot Pan Cinor 9-36mm f/1.9 zoom lens.

Hmmm ok thank you. So these things are totally useless for the P4?

Also i was wondering if theres any way i can use the filter that fits the P4 and adapt it for use with a B8L with the Pan Cinor 10/30 zoom lens? The filter seems to be the same size as the lens glass but the lens does not have a way to screw in a filter.

Guest Glenn Brady

So these things are totally useless for the P4?

Yes, useless. I think the front thread on the Pan-Cinor 10-30mm lens is 44.0mm x 0.75mm, but it would be best to find an inexpensive step-up adapter in that size and try it before buying more expensive accessories. The original hoods for the P4 and Pan-Cinor 10-30mm lenses would be best, of course.