KC Slimlites Driving & Long Range Lights

JoanieBonzo

Hey All,

(2011 FX4 5.0)Quick question, I am looking to buy KC Slimlites 100Watt Driving Lights and 130 Watt Long Range Lights. My question is, will my electrical system be able to handle this? I don't know if this is a stupid question or not, but I won't melt any wires and I won't hurt anything but installing these, correct?

I am going to use all the supplied wires/hardwire from KC as well as their switches. I won't be running these every day, if that matters. Please advise.

Also, I can't seem to find "lite locks" for the slimlites, any input where I can purchase those?

Thanks in advance,

This forum requires the use of your first and last name as your username. Please go into your "profile settings" and change it.

In regard to your question, I believe though some translation of the universe you have ended up on the wrong forum. I would suggest perusing the information available at www.f150forum.com, where I am also a member (I drive an '04 F-150 SuperCab XLT.) Using their search I was able to find a thread pertaining to the light locks: http://www.f150forum.com/f38/kc-light-locks-slimlites-135620/

Good luck in the install. There's a lot of factors in adding loads to the existing circuits in the truck, concepts to include Watts x Volts = Amps and the AWG of the cable, overcurrent protection and insulation. If any or all of these concepts are foreign to you, I would recommend the use of a professional installer. The electrical systems are complicated and central to the function of our trucks, not one you want to modify without a working knowledge of electricity.

Best of luck in your F-150.

Edited to fix second URL.

Edited by Ross Neugeboren