What an ugly close-up of such a beautiful face

:huh:

I just got an ACL for six hundred dollars. The things tight. It works, I just dont have any lenses for it yet.

Is it just me or does acting look more realistic on film than video? I just think it looks more natural, I dont know.

I have some questions:

With a film camera, when you zoom can you see this effect in the view finder? The paralax view finder, I think you couldnt. What about a reflex?

Can you put multiple filters on a film camera? What is the hardest camera to thread, the NPR? I want practice.

With the eception of the HMIs and the flourecents, do tungsten lights have the same chemical composition (quartz iodide, halogen, carbon arc, etc).

Im also searching google to find out the process of making lenses and film. Do you think I could users manuals on how to operate processors and telecines and DI from the manufactuer? I want to learn everything I possibly can.

The archives are very informative. I wish I could print it all out and make it into a book. I hate staring at the computer.

Thank you, Im sorry if I bored you.

That's a lot of questions, and I think you could really start devouring some great books that are available. Is the book library section still available on this site on the home page? All your answers lie within...

$600 for an ACL? Great deal!

Thanks. I wanted an Arri because I heard they still manufacture parts for those cameras and not the Eclairs. I think Arri's are better but thats ok. I believe Ebay was just selling a 35mm Arri 11B for $1500. Now thats a good deal!