Evenski Takes the Reins of Kodak’s Entertainment Imaging Division

Sue Smith

Evenski Takes the Reins of Kodak’s Entertainment Imaging Division

ROCHESTER, NY (November 13, 2012) – Eastman Kodak Company today announced that Andrew R. Evenski has been promoted to president and general manager of the company’s Entertainment Imaging division, effective immediately.

The appointment of Evenski represents Kodak’s ongoing focus on its motion picture film business, which is an important element of the company’s successful re-emergence plan. Kodak remains the world’s leading innovator of film-based technology and film sales.

“It is a privilege to lead Kodak’s motion picture division at this time,” says Evenski. “We certainly see a future for film, and are dedicated to shaping it. The landscape for image capture and display has changed in recent years, but Kodak is committed to giving artists a choice when deciding which tools will best illuminate their stories.”

Evenski has a deep history across Kodak’s various businesses, with many years dedicated to the company’s silver halide portfolio, including a key leadership position within the Entertainment Imaging division.

Most recently, Evenski was vice president of Kodak’s Corporate Finance Group supporting Consumer and Commercial Digital Imaging where he was responsible for the divisions’ worldwide financial operations. Prior to that, he oversaw corporate finance for the Film, Photofinishing, and Entertainment Group, where his responsibilities included worldwide financial operations for all film and paper-based products within Eastman Kodak Company.

Evenski will report to Brad Kruchten, president of Graphics, Entertainment & Commercial Films (GECF), and senior vice president of Eastman Kodak Company.

“Andy’s background in international business, manufacturing and operations makes him the right leader at this time of tremendous opportunity,” says Kruchten. “His experience at Kodak will allow him to hit the ground running. So much of the history of Hollywood and its movies is recorded on Kodak film. Under Andy’s leadership, we expect that to continue well into the future.”

In his new role, Evenski is also responsible for film manufacturing operations, giving him the opportunity to streamline and create efficiencies across the board. Evenski will work out of both the Rochester and Hollywood Kodak offices.

“After more than 30 years with Kodak, I’ve been fortunate to spend a large percentage of my career working with film,” adds Evenski. “Stepping into this role, I truly feel privileged to help serve a customer base with such sophisticated artistry. While there has been a tremendous amount of change in the imaging marketplace – across all business segments – Kodak’s premier technologies are seen today on screens around the globe, as well as in vaults preserving those stories for future generations. I look forward to continuing the long tradition of providing our entertainment customers with the products and support they deserve.”

#

About Kodak’s Entertainment Imaging Division

Kodak’s Entertainment Imaging Division is the world-class leader in providing film, digital and hybrid motion imaging products, services and technology for the entertainment industry. For more information, visit <a href="http://www.kodak.com...com/go/motion">www.kodak.com/go/motion.

Follow Kodak on Facebook (www.facebook.com/KodakMotionPictureFilm), Twitter (@Kodak_ShootFilm) and YouTube (www.youtube.com/KodakShootFilm).

I think It sounds like a positive email. And it sounds like Kodak is trying to reassure the current user group that they are committed to film. I thought the wording was really well done. Things thrown in like, "... Kodak is committed to giving artists a choice when deciding which tools will best illuminate their stories.” And, "we certainly see a future for film, and are dedicated to shaping it." To be honest, that is all I think most film shooters are wishing for. That that choice will be available. Thanks, Kodak. And good luck Mr. Evensk.