My new short film

Hey all,

I wrapped a new claymation short a few weeks ago. It was for a contest, but sadly didn't really take off. It is partly an experiment with a camera stabilizer I built for animation work, to do more fluid, free form camera moves. It was also an exercise in more personal, introspective narrative. The latter I think was not very successful, and my own view is the script never took shape, dsepite about a half dozen drafts.

But technically, I think it was a fairly successful. I love shooting deep focus, which is exceptionally difficult working in small scale. Subtle lighting is also a challenge for this type of thing, but I think it was overall fairly successful. It is a film partly about process and showing the rough edges, and the man behind the curtain.

Anyways, I thought I'd post it here, and see what you all think. Do you think it's worth submitting to any fests, or not. Any fests you all might recommend? Any other feedback? Please, be as brutal as you can. I want to be better, and I must be better. I look at it this way: I'm 28, and there are many, younger filmmakers and DPs far, far better than me, who have accomplished way more. I've got a lot of catching up to do, so I need all the advice and criticism I can get! So hammer away.

And hopefully if all goes as I plan, next year there will be many more of this. 2012 wasn't nearly productive enough. I made two shorts, and wrote a feature, but I've got to make more. Much more to hone my craft and get nearer to making a really excellent film. To start, I want to make four shorts a year, as well as producing two new documentaries. So hopefully you'll hear a lot more of me in the coming months!

https://vimeo.com/52410465