What will be the best way for me to film nature?

Hello all,

My name is Kyle DeClerck. I have recently become very interested in filming. I am a profesional fine art photographer. But I have recently been wanting to record motion with certain subject matter. I will be shooting entirely in the wilderness. All nature.

I am an avid user of film. All of my photography is done using traditional film, most of which is medium and large format. With that being said, I would also like to make movies using film. This way I can shoot B&W and process it myself in my lab.

I would like to know people's opinions on gear that I should use for what I want to do. Camera's, lenses, power supply, format. Whatever you guys think is important, I want to know it.

So far in my research I am interested in the 16mm format. And I am most interested in the Arriflex 16mm camera. I very much like that you can shoot longer reels of film if desired. As well as being able to use Carl Zeiss glass. My main working system for photography is a Hasselblad. So I would very much like being able to make movies using the same high quality lenses.

I am by no means set on the arri, so if you guys have better suggestions, I would love to hear them!

One of my main questions regarding shooting with the Arriflex, is what will be the best way to power it in the wilderness?

Like I said before any additional advice and thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Kyle