Canon AZ 814 E auto expo

I just got a '73 AZ 814E and I understand that the manual expo. pull out switch is usually unreliable :(, but my point is what about the auto expo meter for reliability on this cam ? I presume that to get it to meter at 40 asa, putting in an old K40 cart would suffice? I have a Sekonic L408 meter with which I can check the readings with, but the AZE does seem rather variable so far . And: if I put an Ekt. 64T in, should that be automatically correctly exposed / and color balanced ? I have read a lot of stuff but as an 'old newbie' it does get very difficult to follow. .. :wacko:

Many thanks much appreciate any replies on this.

In general, the meter is pretty good. It won't meter quite as well as the Sekonic will, but it's generally accurate enough.

If you want it to meter at 40 ASA, I'd notch another cartridge for 40 ASA. http://peaceman.de.www127.your-server.de/schmalfilm/super8/S8_Notch_Tools_v1.0.pdf

They don't develop Kodachrome any more. Velvia 50D will meter fairly closely though.

Ektachrome 64 should be automatically set and color balanced. Although, I usually bypass the built in color filter and use my own, since the filter is gelatin and is now ~40 years old.