tripod adaptor for the K3

Guest thomas rasera

Guest thomas rasera

can a K3 be mounted on a standard tripod? or does it need and adaptor? if so, where can i find one of these?

thank you.

• Premium Member

You will just need a small item the screws into the larger screw hole and "steps" it down into the smaller US prosumer screw size.

You can get this at most photo stores for like $3.00.

Kevin Zanit

I picked up a tripod screw bushing from BHPhoto.com. (I think they have them listed under Tripod Accessories) It screws into the the tripod mount on the bottom of the camera and allows a standard tripod screw to fit inside it. It's basically a hollowed out cylinder with threads on the inside and outside. They're a few bucks if you buy the generic one, or several times more for a brand name. Generic worked fine for me. The only pain about using a bushing is that you have to unscrew it (a coin will fit in the bottom to unscrew it) anytime you want to switch to the K3 pistol grip.

Another option, but a much more expensive one, would be to buy a quick release plate for the tripod (if your head will accept one). You can buy release plates with the larger tripod screw size.

Guest 22west
What I'm doing is probably the least practical.  I'm building a blimp for my K-3's that secures using the bottom screw, and putting a standard screw on the bottom of that.

Im curious if this blimp will work. Have you done any tests?

A fair bit of the dbs seem to come out of the front of the lens.