Comparing curves 7217 vs. exr 50D

Checked out the curves for these two stocks, does the vision 2 have a gentler curve (less contrast) than the old exr stock? I've never had the chance to shoot on the 50D, but maybe it's too "brittle" for my lead actress, especially since I won't have silks our bounces, (or anything!) to control the sun. Hence, I'm considering the v2 200t or even 100t w/ an 85. I'm looking for the least grainy, most "feminine" image out of the above choices. (Shot on 16mm, transfered on spirit.)

• Premium Member
Checked out the curves for these two stocks, does the vision 2 have a gentler curve (less contrast) than the old exr stock? I've never had the chance to shoot on the 50D, but maybe it's too "brittle" for my lead actress, especially since I won't have silks our bounces, (or anything!) to control the sun. Hence, I'm considering the v2 200t or even 100t w/ an 85. I'm looking for the least grainy, most "feminine" image out of the above choices. (Shot on 16mm, transfered on spirit.)

Yes, the VISION2 films feature a slightly lower contrast and more linear curve shape than previous films. In harsh lighting, they might be more suited for soft flesh tones. Consider 7212 or perhaps 7205.