what kind of mount do i have on my K3?

Guest thomas rasera

Guest thomas rasera

i just recently got a K3 and i'm not sure if i have an M42 mount or a bayonette mount. how would i know this? if it is in fact a bayonette, then can i get an M42 adaptor?

also, i noticed that when using the cable release, it sounds as if it's advancing more that one frame sometimes. what would be a sure fire way to know that i'm exposing only one frame? is there a certain device that can be used for time lapse?

and lastly, when setting the speed, do i line up the line or the red dots with the red dot?

thanks!

The M42 mount is threaded (the lens screws in).

To see how many times the shutter is spinning for each single frame advance: remove the gate, remove the lens, hold the open side of the camera close to a light, then trip the cable release while looking through front of the camera. When the shutter is open, you'll see light. When it's closed, you won't.

Align the red dots if you desire the speed indicated under that dot. Otherwise you are setting the camera somewhere inbetween speeds. You can gradually and incrementally increase and decrease the camera speed by adjusting the knob while you're shooting (it is not a click-stop for each camera speed). Kind of a nice feature, but you need to adjust the f-stop simultaneously unless you're looking for fluctuations in exposure.

I hope that helps, and good luck with your K3!

Mike

Guest thomas rasera

thanks mike!

so i guess i have a bayonet mount. is there an adaptor that can turn the bayonet mount into a M42? and are there other lens that will fit the bayonet mount?

thanks mike!

so i guess i have a bayonet mount.  is there an adaptor that can turn the bayonet mount into a M42?  and are there other lens that will fit the bayonet mount?

I'm not sure about other lenses. My K3 is an M42 mount. When I checked into converting the M42 mount, the pricetab was about $350. That seems to be standard pricing, from what I've seen, for mount conversions on other cine cameras as well. You might check duall camera or any other company that provides cine camera maintenance.

Mike

Guest thomas rasera
I've been considering switching my bayonet K-3 over to a Nikon or Minolta mount.  (Hey, I have a lot of Minolta lenses, so sue me)

do you have any idea of how to do that?