where can i find

Guest blkeyed

Guest blkeyed

a website with indepth info on the films, like what camera's and lenses were used, what film ect

and does anybody know what thay used to shoot "gummo" the 16 MM scenes anyways, like where bunny boy is on the bridge ect ect

thanks

Guest blkeyed
There's no online database (that I know of) per say.  Both American Cinematographer (AC) and the International Cinematographer's Guild (ICG) Magazine post some articles on line:

www.theasc.com

www.cameraguild.com

thanks alot, what books do you guys recomend on cinematography for beginingers?

i need to learn as much as possible, soon

thanks alot, what books do you guys recomend on cinematography for beginingers?

i need to learn as much as possible, soon

Having got it from Amazon just the other day and devoured it voraciously cover-to-cover, I wholeheartedly recommend Blain Brown's 'Cinematography' (Amazon UK, Amazon US) for an overall view.

If you are at all interested in videography, the Paul Wheeler books are very good as well, although I'm not experienced enough to detect whether his hugely pro-Panavision leanings in the HD book are justified or a result of his being on their advisory board. Hugely informative, at any rate.

Finally, there's a pretty extensive list of cinematography books on this website (although rather disappointly has no reviews), over here, and the American Cinematography website has a well-stocked online bookstore that sells everything you're likely to need in terms of reading matter.

One last thing, I would hold off getting the famous ASC Manual until you're actually going to be shooting something, it can be a little overwhelming for a first read.

Good luck!

Ed Moore