Keystone K9

Guest Michael Carter

Guest Michael Carter

Who knew? There was a shutter problem! Now my castle movies really look like ghost movies! They got printed anyway and it was some of the best shooting I've ever done.

Does anyone know how to adjust the shutter to the pull down claw???

How is that thing loosened?

Are there any technitions out there who are willing to fix and adjust Keystone K9 16mm cameras, I've got 3 of them now. One works properly or used to anyway.

Thanks,

Michael Carter

• 11 months later...
Guest Michael Carter

I did it. There was gunk behind the shutter gear which caused it to jump off the other teeth. A tooth brush did the job.

Also, the central shaft was too loose and had to be tightened, but not too tight.

So, now I can take them apart and put them back together.

I need some clock oil. Keystone projector oil is currently being used.

I also need to clean a Criterion loaded with WD40 and I'm thinking of dunking the guts into a bucket of white gas. :blink: We used to clean glue off tomb stones in a factory that way. (Hydrofloric acid may be a little rough on a camera. :D It cleans old black granite statues nicely though.)

Guest Michael Carter
Can we see some footage of the 16mm K9s you have/

I bought one that is hand cranked and will start playing with it soon.

Alex

None of it has been telecinied yet. However, that is a project that is on my list. All the films need to be put onto large reels and taken to be done. Afterwards, yea, I'll post it somewhere somehow. My web site will be where to look for it or a link to it.