Trying to find commercial with stage-like props

Markus Haken

Hey guys. A few weeks ago I saw an ad somewhere online – I can't find it anymore, but really liked the effect they used to tell the story and would like to present it to one of my clients – because it would be perfect for a project we're doing right now.

The ad was made up of a single tracking shot, with the camera pulling back through all these "layers" of the set: basically it started in one setting (like a room i think, i think there was a baby involved), then pulled back, revealing the room was just a set built in an otherwise empty room (maybe a warehouse?) – moving further back, revealing another set right in front of that one. And so on. Bascially each "set" was comprosised of big pieces of set design / props; a wall was just a piece of cardboard etc.

For you to better understand what the hell I'm talking about, check out this music video by "Gesaffelstein": https://vimeo.com/68389373

You can see what I mean at from 0:28–0:35 and also from 1:40 –2:00. They might have done the first example with green screen, but the second part is basically what the ad was made up of: one set in front of the other, with the camera pulling back and revealing each set one by one.

I would appreciate any help in finding this ad or any other video that resembles this!
Thanks!