FS: Angenieux 12-120mm Zoom Lens *EXC+*

Todd Anderson

I have placed an excellent condition Angenieux 12-120mm Zoom Lens on ebay. Below is the link and description in the actual ebay listing. Bidding price is $299. Thanks.

eBay item number:201967335813
EBAY DESCRIPTION:
“Up for sale is a extremely excellent condition Angenieux 12-120mm F2.2 Zoom lens. I doubt you will find a cleaner used Angenieux 12-120mm zoom on ebay, or elsewhere. This one feels like it was barely used, and is silky smooth when you turn the zoom and focus. I would rate this lens about a "9" or "9.5" on a scale of 1-10 for used lens of this era. There may be some very, very small cosmetic blemishes on the outer barrels of the lens, but certainly not the glass and it, again, feels as if it was barely used. It is just very smooth. In short, the lens will be one of the cleanest you may come across.
The lens has a factory Arri B-mount, but adapters to PL-mount are readily available. As this was a factory R16mm lens, if you intend to use this with a S16mm camera, there will be some limitations. According to the very reputable CinemaTechnic site, the Angenieux 12-120mm zoom covers S16mm at minimum focus at about 40mm through 120mm and at infinity focus from about 15mm through 120mm. I imagine you may be able to find more information to verify those numbers on the internet yourself and even examples off footage shot. I would also imagine if you were to extract about a 2:35 center from the frame (and, perhaps, if needed, a little off the sides on certain focal length / aperture combinations) you could use this lens close to its full zoom range on a S16mm camera with such limitations.
Thank you.”