AG-dvc80

Guest Moe

I just got a AG-DVC80 cam and it is my first 3ccd cam, sometimes I get an extraordinary picture quality and others it comes out just like my old single chip camera used to shoot. I have being messing with my iris settings and speed settings, I wish I could get deeper info on how all the settings actualy work, since the manual is so shallow... Does anyone shoot with that camera? Do you guys have any tips on how my "trial and error" curve can be a little faster? The color Red bleeds quite a bit when I shoot under overcast skies...

thanks!

I'm new to this forum (and generally video itself) and don't know your prior experience but just want to make sure that you know you need to white balance almost all the time when shooting ouside. Basically an elcheapo white card is a piece of blank printer paper held infront of the lens in the light as a reference for the white balance... that should correct over redening... unless it's smear. Basically red is a cooler light so you would get it under low watt bulbs and shooting in the afternoon and not rewhite balancing (the sun sets and changes color temperature)... it doesn't take much for it to get off.