filming in jordanie

Mario van Zijst

• 2 weeks later...
  • Premium Member
Hai there

I bought a 900E pal (get him in a few days) and leave next week to jordanie for a 14 days shoot. Can anyone tell me what to do with 45 degrees celsius and the extreme light conditions.

thanks

mario

Use your rain-cover and keep the camera shaded as much as possible. Deserts and desert towns are dusty even when you're not in a sandstorm. The very-fine dust can ruin your tape transort AND your lens! Take many cans of compressed air to blow dust out of stuff. Take a lightweight white cooler to transport the tapes and keep them in ziplock bags. Keep everything in ziplock bags.

Drink lots of bottled water.

For the high contrast, get to know the black stretch adjustment and use a polariser.

• 1 year later...
Use your rain-cover and keep the camera shaded as much as possible. Deserts and desert towns are dusty even when you're not in a sandstorm. The very-fine dust can ruin your tape transort AND your lens! Take many cans of compressed air to blow dust out of stuff. Take a lightweight white cooler to transport the tapes and keep them in ziplock bags. Keep everything in ziplock bags.

Drink lots of bottled water.

For the high contrast, get to know the black stretch adjustment and use a polariser.

It is a little bit late, but thanks. I traveled al over the world and the 900 did a great job. The cold, the heath, the rain, it does not affect the camera. I shot over 100 tapes and not one pixel is missing. if someone wants more information please ask: mario@netwerk.cc