16mm Motion Picture Gear For Sale

Carl Durrenberger

Howdy Cinematography.com folks. It's been awhile since I've posted in the forums here, but wanted to give everyone a heads up that I've got some gear for sale on eBay currently. If you are interested and have any questions, shoot me a private message please!

As always, I take the sale of gear very seriously and stand by what I sell. I really hope to find a great new home for this equipment.

Additionally, I have some other smaller items that are not listed (16mm lens mount adapters, a few older primes), so if anyone is interested in those, please feel free to reach out!

------------------------------------------------

Item 1: CP16/R Standard 16mm camera. 170-degree half-moon shutter. Completely rebuilt by Paul Hillman in 2003-04, also repainted at the time. Includes three (3) 400' magazines, two (2) battery packs, one battery charger, rotating viewfinder, pistol grip. Camera was used for one short, has been carefully stored since then, runs perfectly and very quietly. Batteries still hold a charge.

Item 1 eBay auction link:

Cinema Products CP16/R 16mm motion picture camera CP16 CP16R

Item 2: Zeiss 10-100 T2 zoom lens for Standard 16mm. This is version 1 and includes the outboard zoom damping mechanism and an Arri rubber mattebox that takes 3x3 square filters. External barrel has some surface wear, but the glass is pristine. The lens was last collimated by Paul Hillman in 2003-04 and at that time checked out sharp as a tack. Since then, used for one short and various tests. This lens absolutely killed the Cooke 9-50 against which it was compared at the time, making sharp, contrasty images that just popped on the screen. The mattebox secures to the front of the lens without an adapter. The mattebox has a small tear in one corner that can be closed up while in use with gaffer or electrical tape. It contains two 3x3 filter drawers.

Item 2 eBay auction link:

Zeiss 10-100 T2 zoom 16mm motion picture lens Arri-B Bayo...

Item 3: Sachtler 4+4 fluid head "Superhydro 35." This is a real beast of a fluid head (made out of solid metal!) that worked perfectly with the CP16/R, even when fully loaded with a follow-focus uni, mattebox, and long zoom lens. Has four levels of resistance for horizontal and vertical motion. The fluid head was completely rebuilt by Visual Products when purchased in 2003-04 and was only used for one short film. It operates perfectly smoothly with no burrs or skips in movement. Includes a set of Arri wood legs and a bogen tripod spreader that function great. This is a wonderful (and I would say superior) alternative to the O'Connor 50 fluid head.

Item 3 eBay auction link:

Sachtler 4+4 SuperHydro 35 Fluid Head with Wood Arri Legs