Cinderella Man - Underexposure?

I just got back from Cinderella Man. Pretty decent movie overall. However, half the film looked like it was underexposed and had been pushed. The first few times I let it go, then I really wanted to know who's fault it was, then it got the point where I just had to assume it was a creative decision, because it was everywhere.

Does anyone know what the deal is? It looks bad so I hope it wasn't a creative decision, but if its a mistake, I suppose thats even worse.

-Brandon

Edited by Brandon Adams

... half the film looked like it was underexposed and had been pushed.

I noticed that during the birthday party scene in front of the church. What other scenes did you feel were underexposed?

I noticed that during the birthday party scene in front of the church. What other scenes did you feel were underexposed?

Honestly way too many to remember. Almost all the scenes inside their home. Definately the shots of the kids listening to the radio in the basement. And countless others. But usually it wasn't entire scenes, it was just particular shots. When they would cut, it would be to a properly exposed shot. The blacks were all milky in the shots I'm talking about. I thought it might have just been the print that my theater had, but I wasn't sure how that could possibly happen to just certain shots.