pepper fresnel light

Dear Filmmakers,

Here is a link to a light I whant. What do you think of it? I will probably use it as a kicker/backlight and maybe as a low-key and fill light.

Wat do you think of it as a accent light?

Also it says its a "LTM Pepper 100 Watt Fresnel" but in the specs it says its a maximum 200 watts. what do you think?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller...egoryNavigation

Thanks Allot

Edited by Ckulakov

• Premium Member

Pepper lights are pretty good lights. After a few years the wiring will start to work loose and will likely have to be replaced, but other than that they're pretty reliable. I use the 400w and 650w models often.

You might want to look into buying some used lights. You can get a higher power light for around the same price. A used 650w normally goes for around $250 with barndoors.

bhphotovideo.com used lights department

I will never trust ebay aaain after I paid 60 bucks and got a box with confetti and plus I always check the profile and feedback and I still am not saitsfied.

I mean I have bought stuff that worked but I just dont rust it.

LTM Peppers are definitely handy. I'd recommend also looking into the Arri 150w Fresnel. It's very small and when you put a 200w bulb in it, it packs quite a punch. The Arri might also be more reliable and a bit more expensive. Also look at the photometrics charts for both-- that might sway you.

I will never trust ebay aaain after I paid 60 bucks and got a box with confetti and plus I always check the profile and feedback and I still am not saitsfied.

I mean I have bought stuff that worked but I just dont rust it.

I have always worried about that. How could you prove you didn't get your item. What were their feedbacks like? Did you use paypal or escrow?