Good Film Schools

Guest Joshua Nitschke

Guest JoshuaNitschke

Hey guys.

I'm looking into going to film school (I'm going into my senior year of highschool). I live in Ventura, so I obviously considered Brooks, but they are going through some legal investigation and they don't look like a great school to go to at the moment. Apparently they started going downhill since the family sold the school in 1999. <_<

Anyways, other schools I'm considering are Chapman, USC, , and even UCLA

I'm not a rich kid, so I don't really see myself being able to go to USC, plus I've heard some iffy things about their program.

Chapman is currently the "favorite," but I really don't know how good their program is.

Does anybody else have any other film schools to suggest or comments on Chapman, USC, and UCLA?

Edited by JoshuaNitschke

I'm a current student at Chapman and I am really enjoying the program. They do have good teachers, you get plenty of hands on experience, though the teachers tend to teach less of the hands on stuff (you need to have the initiative to learn much of it on your own, they have the equipment for you to use). There are student films you can work on every single weekend. You can venture into any area you want: directing, writing, pre, post, production, just about anything. I have a hard time not recommending it.

And they broke ground on the new film studio which should be completed this May. Its going to be very very nice, perhaps with its own telecine facilities.

Hope that helps.

-Brandon

Hey guys.

I'm looking into going to film school (I'm going into my senior year of highschool).  I live in Ventura, so I obviously considered Brooks, but they are going through some legal investigation and they don't look like a great school to go to at the moment.  Apparently they started going downhill since the family sold the school in 1999.  <_<

Anyways, other schools I'm considering are Chapman, USC, , and even UCLA

I'm not a rich kid, so I don't really see myself being able to go to USC, plus I've heard some iffy things about their program.

Chapman is currently the "favorite," but I really don't know how good their program is.

Does anybody else have any other film schools to suggest or comments on Chapman, USC, and UCLA?

UCLA and USC are world famous programs, which means thousands of prospective students will be rushing towards a few open slots. Be sure to have back up plans in mind. Interestingly, I read somewhere that more directors working in Hollywood have degrees from City College LA than the big schools because it's cheap ($30 a credit for in state) and you're still in the thick of things.

• 2 weeks later...

well... I'm a student at brooks...and I'm anxious about this lawsuit thing..

but I learned alot at brooks and enjoyed it alot, eventhough I have to agree that Brooks is getting more concern to please its corporate share holder's financial interest.

hey it you would like to see how the school from a student point of view i would be more than glad to show you some of the work I did, and my sad student life...:)

a_solaiman@hotmail.com

dee