What size filters for huge old lenses?

Guest Michael Carter

Guest Michael Carter

Both lenses have ID threads. They look different however. The 12 threads are deeper, ie more threads. The 9.5 is shallower and has a tiny space below the last thread. The 12 is about 71.5mm wide inside and the 9.5 is about 85mm. Sorry, I'm using a wooden ruller to measure with. What size and brand lenses, holders, shades etc do I get for these lenses??? Do the serial numbers matter? Thanks.

Michael Carter

Guest Michael Carter
Both lenses have ID threads. They look different however. The 12 threads are deeper, ie more threads. The 9.5 is shallower and has a tiny space below the last thread. The 12 is about 71.5mm wide inside and the 9.5 is about 85mm. Sorry, I'm using a wooden ruller to measure with. What size and brand lenses, holders, shades etc do I get for these lenses??? Do the serial numbers matter? Thanks.

Michael Carter

It looks like 86 & 72mm. Those numbers are based on measuring other filters that I know what are.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Michael Carter

Thanks for the reply. I know some folks use those lenses, one sold receiently on the bay. There are filters in those sizes on ebay but I don't want to pay 25 or more only to find out they don't fit! The local place won't help me. PCE. (I give up on them)