Quarz Chrome processing issues

Richard Tuohy

Recently purchased 10 rolls of quarz chrome super8 from the wide screen centre in london. I have just processed one in my Lomo tank (D-19 developer). Very Very poor results. Virtually no image. No blacks (or even greys or even pale greys). Frame line and edges washed out. Is this fogging due to age? The expiary was 1992! There was also a delay of a few months between exposure and developing. Could this be an issue?

Richard T.

• Premium Member
Recently purchased 10 rolls of quarz chrome super8 from the wide screen centre in london.  I have just processed one in my Lomo tank (D-19 developer).  Very Very poor results.  Virtually no image.  No blacks (or even greys or even pale greys).  Frame line and edges washed out.  Is this fogging due to age?  The expiary was 1992!  There was also a delay of a few months between exposure and developing.  Could this be an issue?

Richard T.

Much will depend on how the film was stored, but even refrigerated, 13-year old film is unlikely to yield good results. You should process film soon after exposure for minimal change, or at least keep it cold (seal it to prevent damage from moisture).