Shooting single frame

Guest Ronney Ross

Guest Ronney Ross

Hi Just an update : I recently shot my first 2 rolls of film.

But in seeking to find out using Super8mm to the fullest would like to shoot actual single frame per sec. I saw a diagram of a cable sync on here made out of Speaker wire a push button and what seems to be a mic adapter or end of some headphones. I was wondering if this setup works by it self or is there a need for some sort of electrical current needed?

Cameras :

1/ Sears model c-125

F1/1:7

12,18,32 fps, and single frame?

1/ Elmo Sound camera

18fps

singleframe?

Hi Just an update : I recently shot my first 2 rolls of film.

But in seeking to find out using Super8mm to the fullest would like to shoot actual single frame per sec. I saw a diagram of a cable sync on here made out of Speaker wire a push button and what seems to be a mic adapter or end of some headphones.  I was wondering if this setup works by it self or is there a need for some sort of electrical current needed?

Cameras :

1/ Sears model c-125

F1/1:7 

12,18,32 fps, and single frame?

1/ Elmo Sound camera

18fps

singleframe?

no current required, all your doing is completing a ciruict. Technically, you just need to touch those wires together to amke it trigger. You may get crazy with a mechanical clock and use it as a makeshift intervalometer as well. Just remeber that the plug your after is a mini plug, not the regular mic and ear phone type. Like mentioned above, a switch is optional.