Cream at the Royal Albert Hall May 2005 DVD

Folks, THIS is an awesome example of music and image working together. The cameras really capture the spontaneous dimensions of the music and the imagery heightens the excitement. I would love to know the technical specs if anybody is privy to that info.

And here's a neat little tidbit -- on the second DVD, in the middle of Clapton's solo on "White Room", there's a shot of the audience dancing, though ONE guy in the audience, shrouded a bit in shadow, is standing still. It's Tim Burton.

Awesome.

Mark

You know the joke, Matt...what do coffee and Clapton have in common? They both need cream. Though I liked him with Blind Faith and Derek&The Dominos.

There's an excellent documentary on Ton Dowd, the recording engineer/producer who worked with Clapton (in Cream and D&TD) and many other legendary names. It's beautifully put together and very enjoyable to watch.

The colors on the new Cream DVD are pretty nice and saturated in some places, but this is, I suppose, because of dramatic stage lighting. My guess would be that 7218 was used, as I can't imagine the practical use of 35mm cameras in the concert environment where mobility and immediacy appear to be key.

Oh yeah, the Blind Faith album was terrific.

Really a shame that band didn't stay together, then maybe Clapton wouldn't have put out all this crappy muzak-blues-hybrid yuppie elevator music rubbish that he's been cranking out for the last 20 years or so.

I guess you do that much heroin and it's gotta kill a lot of your talent-brain cells.

MP