Giovanni Fiore Coltellacci

Guy Meachin

Has anyone worked with Giovanni Fiore Coltellacci? I had the pleasure in the summer on 'Beyond Freindship', and what a truely nice guy! It was very interesting to watch him work, ice cool! I'd be interested to know if anyone else has worked with him and what their thoughts were on his way of working. I hope he wouldn't object to me asking!

Has anyone seen 'The Adventures of Baron Munchausen', is it any good?

Guy

• 1 month later...

Hello Guy ?

I had the pleasure of working with Gianni ? he was like you said, ?ice cool? ? a real super guy ? nice ? quiet ? never frazzled ? and his use of hard light was refreshing ? it was almost odd to see on set since so few people shoot in such a way now a days ? but just squint a little bit and it all makes sense

He taught me a very valuable lesson

On the film there were often pauses for a bit of ?creative discussion? between some of the film makers ? as the minutes/$$$ piled up ? Gianni looked back at the crew and shrugged his shoulders ? letting out a sigh

Now when I?m shooting and am surrounded by a horde of bickering headless chickens ? I just think of that shoulder shrug and that sigh ? no matter how big or how small the shoot ? sometimes all you can do is sit back ? bite your tongue ? and shrug your shoulders

I really liked him ? first as a person ? second as a filmmaker

As for ?The Adventures of Baron Munchausen?

It is a great film ? if you like ?Time Bandits? and ?Brazil? then you?ll love it ? I just wish I wish I wish that special FX can always look as nice and ?physical? ?palpable? as they do in Gilliam?s early films ? my eyes always light up while watching those films

Have a nice day,

Joe Zovko

AC

LA, CA