Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'fixed'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Cinematography Forums
    • General Discussion
    • Cinematography News
    • Lighting
    • Camera Operating
    • AC's & DIT's
    • Grip & Rigging
    • Visual Effects Cinematography
    • Grading, DI and Telecine
    • Students and New Filmmakers
    • Cameras Systems and Formats
    • Lenses & Lens Accessories
    • Camera Accessories & Tools
    • Film Stocks & Processing
    • Books for the Cinematographer
    • Cinematographers
    • In Production / Behind the Scenes
    • On Screen / Reviews & Observations
    • Cine Marketplace
    • Business Practices
    • Jobs, Resumes, and Reels
    • Please Critique My Work
    • Regional Cinematography Groups
  • Not Cinematography
    • Producing
    • Directing
    • Sound
    • Editing
    • Off-Topic
    • Forum Support

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





My Gear


Found 1 result

  1. I wanted to ask a quick question about a name, or the on-set shorthand name, for a particular rig (or if there even is a name for it). I’m a film professor now, but I worked in the industry for 17 years and it’s really bothering me that I don’t have an answer for this, so I was hoping someone could help me out. Basically, it’s rigging an object so that it’s fixed in front of the lens and throughout the shot, whether it’s rigged onto a camera offset plate (Ubangi) or attached to a gobo arm, etc. I’ve enclosed example images of the fixed gas can shot in Breaking Bad. While it has similarities to a SnorriCam or an affixed camera, it’s obviously neither. I’m writing a few academic articles about the show and they use this rig often enough that I would like to address it correctly (and quickly with a proper noun). Thanks so much.
  • Create New...