I'm thinking of buying this light meter; Tecpel DLM-530 Light Meter

This will give me my light reading in Lux right?

Is this suitable, before I spend my cash?

Am I right in thinking that that approx (rounded);

1000Lx is equal to F2,

2000Lx is equal to F2.8,

skipping on a bit

50,000Lx is F16? etc...

Obviously this would require a lot of maths when working out the stop, am I right in my madness.

Is there any easyer way?

Thanks, Nick

Well, if you really wanted to use this meter the easiest thing would be to draft a table that correspond your f-stops to lux at various film speeds and tape it to the back of it. What you have listed will work with some minor corrections for ASA 50. All that being said I think you?re much better off investing in a Sekonic 398. I doubt it would be any more expensive and I?m sure it would be infinitely easier.

Well, if you really wanted to use this meter the easiest thing would be to draft a table that correspond your f-stops to lux at various film speeds and tape it to the back of it. What you have listed will work with some minor corrections for ASA 50. All that being said I think you?re much better off investing in a Sekonic 398. I doubt it would be any more expensive and I?m sure it would be infinitely easier.

Absolutly right.

Always been a favorite of mine. Needs no battery and serves both as an incident and reflected light reading unit.