Final Cut Pro to AJ-SD93

J Lund

Does anyone know what settings are needed when printing to tape on the aj-sd93 "shoebox" from Final Cut Pro? I shot in 720p @ 24p. Everything seems right except the AJ-sd93 does not seem to recognize that there is a video signal being sent to it. Is there a specific video setting needed?

Sorry for the brevity of my question, I'm usually more articulate and descriptive- but its finals week and this is crunch time. Thanks

I'll try to be helpful...

Make sure that the sequence/timeline settings match the codec set-up on the deck. In other words, if the sequence/timeline is a DVCPRO50 sequence, make sure the deck is set to record a DVCPRO50 signal. The sam is true for plain old DVCPRO. If these settings don't match, you're in for a frustration fest. The settings in FCP are under FILE, then pull down to audio/video settings. The setting on the deck is on the menu page and alternates between 25 mgb and 50 mgb (I think...from memory).

All that being said, however, you stated that you are at 720p which implies Varicam (HD), which needs an HD VTR. The AJ-sd93 is standard def only (DVCPRO50 or DVCPRO). Maybe you can change your sequence to SD?

Good luck with finals.