Casting my soon to be 4 year old cousin

Monjur

Hi there guys. I've got this idea for a short comedy and I want to cast my cousin in it. He will turn 4 years old in a week or so. I'm aware that you have to take special measures when working with a minor. Can one of you feed me with details about it though? Do I have to get a different release form, parent's permission, working hours etc. limitations? Please let me know. FYI, it's not a commercial work.

Thank you :lol:

• Premium Member
Hi there guys. I've got this idea for a short comedy and I want to cast my cousin in it. He will turn 4 years old in a week or so. I'm aware that you have to take special measures when working with a minor. Can one of you feed me with details about it though? Do I have to get a different release form, parent's permission, working hours etc. limitations? Please let me know. FYI, it's not a commercial work.

...just don't let him get into your stash.

I'd suggest giving the Biz Parentz website a thorough read. It's, obviously, geared for parents of child actors, but it's loaded with good information about the law, what is expected and acceptable, etc.

I'd suggest giving the Biz Parentz website a thorough read. It's, obviously, geared for parents of child actors, but it's loaded with good information about the law, what is expected and acceptable, etc.

The NY State laws in that site only seems to apply for paid jobs, which mine isn't.

2. # Creates an Certificate of Eligibility to Employ Child Performers (aka Employer Permit) for the employer at a cost of $350. The employer's certificate is good for 3 years.

^^ Does that apply for me?