Beaulieu service in NYC?

KDC

Folks-

I've got a 7008 (Pro II) from Pro8 in Burbank, CA.

Don't ask me how, but some dust managed to get inside the camera and on the GG.

I'd like to get it serviced, but I don't want to send it all the way back to the West Coast (due to a short time constraint)

I've been to CineMagic, but they were not too familliar with the camera.

Does anyone know of anyone in NYC that knows how to service it?

Regards,

-KDC

Edited by KDC

I also have this camera. It hasn't been produced since about 10 years ago. I will not send it to anyone who is not familiar with this camera because it has special electronics and is very much different from any other Beaulieu 7008. There are only 2 service centers in the world I know who can service this camera. First is Pro8mm (formerly Super8sound) in Burbank. Second is Bjorn Andersson in Sweden. My Pro II camera is currently with Bjorn undergoing lens collimation and service. You may not get it sooner than you want but is well worth it.

BTW, there are 3 of us I know who has this camera. You can visit filmshooting.com. The other is Ericus of Finland.

Hi there,

I second LastQuark with regard to Bjorn - he is a total Beaulieu guru and has been servicing and repairing them for 30 years. You might be suprised how quickly he can turn around the service, if you are prepared to pay for fast shipping.

contact him at

bjorn.andersson@brevet.nu

He speaks good English, is a really friendly guy, and has an excellent dry scandinavian wit. I was lucky enough to meet up with him for lunch a few weeks ago when he was in the UK.

Matt