Contrast Control

utibay

Hi,

I'm new to this forum, so please forgive me if I'm asking an old question.

Basically, my director wants me to get low contrast, soft, warm, "sensual" shots for his interiors, so i'm a little stuck since I neither have the time nor money for test shoots.

I told him that the best stock for what he's needs is the 7277 320T, because Kodak has better reds (for the warm look) and the 320T is really low contrast. I also suggested this, but I haven't tested this out. Overexposing two two stops and pulling one. I have only heard about this, but my teacher said that this will cause color saturation because of the one stop overexposed, and will eliminate a lot of grain, since you're basically wiping out the top layers of the emulsion that have larger crystals.

Does anyone know how this will turn out? I am unable to tests for it at this time, but I'm curious. Basically, the script calls for a "gothic" look for the interiors because it's supposed to be the house of the witch. Also if anyone has any still frames of this they can send me, or can tell me a feature that possibly used this combination, that would awesome.

Sincerely,

John