Just got some 16mm short ends.

I just recently received some 16mm short ends. The stocks are all Vision2 at 7201 50D, 7205 250D, and 7229 500T. I'm looking to get my hands on an SRII and test them out. Do anyone has any suggestions for what I'd be looking for as far as the nuances between the stocks? What type of tests should I perform to get the most out of the tests?

I just recently received some 16mm short ends. The stocks are all Vision2 at 7201 50D, 7205 250D, and 7229 500T. I'm looking to get my hands on an SRII and test them out. Do anyone has any suggestions for what I'd be looking for as far as the nuances between the stocks? What type of tests should I perform to get the most out of the tests?

If the stock is not old (under 1 year) and has been even partially well cared for (not left in the sun or in humid / dusty environments, etc) or if it is older but has been kept in the fridge, you can just shoot it without doing too much testing. You may want to rate the '29 2/3's of a stop slower when you shoot it, though these two last suggestions are source of some contention lately:

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?sh...mp;#entry287093

The '29 ( introduced in 2003) could be the oldest of the three (if they weren't purchased at the same time), as it has been produced longer than the 01 and 05 stocks (introduced in 2005 and 2006 respectively). While they can't be that old, the question is how well they have been stored.

If the stocks have been abused or you are unsure, a clip test is in order. Talk to your lab about their (and your) preferred way to go about it.

Edited by Saul Rodgar