Canon Scoopic 16M Ultra 16mm for sale

Roger Richards

I am putting up for sale my very special Canon Scoopic 16M camera, which has been fully tricked out, cleaned, lubed and adjusted up to top spec (and more) by Super 16 Inc's camera wizard Bernie O'Doherty. If you want to know how cool this Scoopic is give Bernie a call.

In addition to full modification to Ultra 16mm, this Scoopic has undergone Bernie's unique LaserBrighten process, and the focusing screen is now really easy to look through compared to stock, twice as bright in fact. The focusing screen has also been marked for the equivalent of 2.40:1 framing, so you can compose almost perfectly what you will be getting on a 2.40:1 extraction from the Ultra 16mm image. Of course, because the original screen is R16, there is a bit more on the edges to the left and right, but you get used to composing with it (have a look at the frame grabs in the link below, no problem with composition there).

Here is a link to a couple of frames shot with the camera

http://www.cinematography.com/index.php?s=...st&p=299193

What makes this unique for this camera is that Bernie O'Doherty, who is a perfectionist, will no longer do this kid of work for the Scoopic, because of the great difficulty removing the focusing screen. I had asked him to do this and he pulled it off, but at the expenses of a small hairline crack through the screen, that has no effect on the image or even composition. I do not even notice it.

Perhaps the best part about this camera is the quality of the 12.5-75mm Canon lens. It is amazingly sharp! Combined with Kodak 7212 100T the quality is a great surprise. You can confirm this by giving colorist Andy Barr (or owner Paul Korver) at Cinelicious a call. I was told that the footage from this Scoopic is the sharpest and highest quality they have ever transferred.

This camera was purchased specifically for a documentary project in Europe that required a lightweight and versatile camera with a small footprint. This camera did exactly what I hoped it would, and more! I no longer need its capabilities, having also a full Aaton XTR outfit. For an indie filmmaker seeking a camera that is unique this one fits the bill. You can be up and running immediately. I originally purchased it last July from director Christos Epperson, who used the camera in R16 to shoot The 11th Day http://www.crete1941.com

This package includes:

*Canon Scoopic 16M Ultra 16mm 12.5-75mm lens, with original lens shade

*One original Canon Scoopic battery and charger (works fine and holds a great charge, I get 8 rolls out of it shooting off-speed)

* Original aluminium Canon Scoopic case.

* A batch of freezer stored 100ft rolls 16mm film: Fuji Eterna 250D, Kodak EXR 100T 7248, Kodak 7201 50D, Kodak 7205 250D; I will have to check the exact number. I estimate about 10-plus rolls.

*Canon Scoopic 16M camera manual

One can search for a Scoopic and buy it cheap on eBay, but 95 percent of the time you have no idea what you are really getting. Then you have to send it off to be modded, which is more cost and time. I paid $1500 for the camera originally because of the outstanding condition and track record, then quite a bit more to customize it. I am asking $1950 for this package.

Please send me a message if you are interested and I will send pictures. Email is rmratdvnetworkdotnet

Cheers,

Roger

Edited by Roger Richards