Fuji 500D Reala

Rodrigo Almeida

Does anyone knows about the Fuji 500D Reala in super 16mm?

Is there any footage test of this film? I used one 35mm in my SLR once (not movie stock, but for still) and I really enjoyed. It has the "fourth color layer", Fuji says. Well, It looks like it's good.

But someone here have tested it? It is really good for daylight shooting with super 16mm? And for indoor locations?

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone knows about the Fuji 500D Reala in super 16mm?

Is there any footage test of this film? I used one 35mm in my SLR once (not movie stock, but for still) and I really enjoyed. It has the "fourth color layer", Fuji says. Well, It looks like it's good.

But someone here have tested it? It is really good for daylight shooting with super 16mm? And for indoor locations?

If you go to Vimeo.com and type in "super 16 reala fuji 500d" or a combination of it- you'll see some samples. Here's one:

• 4 months later...

Hi Rodrigo,

Unfortunately, Fujifilm has recently (September 13, 2012) decided to discontinue their entire production line of both negative (Color) and reversal movie film stocks, along with ALL black & white products, including the b&w still photography films:

http://www.fujifilm....ws/n120913.html

They are keeping the professional color still films, though, both negative and reversal (thank God!), for example the beautiful Velvia 50 ISO and Provia 100 ISO (E-6 process) films. So, there is still very good color transparency films out there for my analogue Hasselblad or Fuji 6x8 cameras, which I use now and then for the sheer beauty if it.

All the best,

Bengt in Stockholm