Older PL Anamorphics in New York

Lucky Cheng

Hey guys, wanted to see if anyone had any leads on older anamorphic glass, preferably PL, in New York? Am going PL as it is a small budget project and to take out the cam package from Panny maybe be cost prohibitive. I have seen CPT's set of Lomos on their website, I may take a look at those (though only a set of 3). I've also seen the Elites listed at Handheld, anyone work with those recently? (PS, yes I have read the older thread here on this set.)

We are flying a bit of Steadicam so compact/lightweight would be better.

I'm reading that a lot of the older glass was converted by JDC which was bought out by PV, has anyone ever come across any of these lenses still in PL? (I'm going to email Joe about this as well.)

Edited by Lucky Cheng

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Lucky

I have a set of 4 kowas, rebarrelled 40/50/75/100 excellent for steadicam and handheld work, they are very very compact and lightweight. also they are reasonably sharp away from wide open.

also 3 cineovision anamorphic lenses, 35/55/85 T1.4 which are sharper, but not light or small (especially the 35mm), they have a beautiful vintage look to them with awesome flares.

in any regards, all the info is on my website. www.lensworksrentals.com

• 1 month later...