Arri 2C High Speed questions

imagwrks

I recently purchased a second 2C body. I have another that runs rock steady at 24fps, and is also fairly good at 40fps. I ran some footage through the new camera - at 24fps the registration (vertical jitter) is pretty good, though not rock steady. At 40fps it's really bad. The movement looks very good, and was rebuilt by P&S Technik a few years ago. I don't know what type of claw is in the camera -the fiber piece is made of a stiffer, shiny material, not the dull brown stuff that's in my old 2C. I suspect the jitter might be caused by the gate though - there are four additional screw holes in the back with no screws. The pressure pad seems awfully weak though - when you push it in, the resistance feels about half of what it is in my old 2C. Was this gate a highspeed model that someone changed? Are the 4 holes for additional screws and springs? Does anybody know the ounce pressure for the highspeed gate? (I know the regular gate is about 6 ounces) Any help in getting this bird to fly would be much appreciated.