Lab in the San Diego Area?

Hello, I might be relocating to the SD area after the start of the year. Are there any Labs in the SD county?

or will i have to resort to taking the drive north. I've been looking, and keep coming up empty, any help?

-G. Stephen Bruno

Hello G. Unfortunately, there isn't much of anything in the way of motion picture labs or equipment rental facilities or anything cine production related in entire San Diego County (a possible business venture?). Something to do with it's location being in the shadow of the megaopolis of Moviedom to the North. I recently moved away from San Diego so I guess there is an off chance that something may have sprouted up since, but I doubt it. Fortunately, as you know, L.A. is a short drive to the North with more choices in labs and In and Out burger locations than you can shake an orange stick at. And you'll need that Double-Double and vanilla shake when your stuck in traffic for three hours. I think you'll find L.A. to be a much more magical and accomodating place for everything film and entertainment (San Diego Zoo and Sea World excepted, of course).

G

(Greg) :)

Guest G . Stephen Bruno

Man, I could use a Double Double about now, animal style.......

Well, that is not good, no Labs in San Diego, oh well, guess i'll just give up on the whole wanting to be a cinematographer thing....lol...

no, L.A would be close enough,plus while i'm there, i could also go watch the Dodgers rip up the NL West this year ...

San Diego is very much a Videographer's town (at least from what I've seen). No labs, and the rental houses are mostly equipped for video/stage/event production.

Here are links to the larger rental places.

Broadcast Rentals

VER

I'm in San Francisco and I generally ship to Forde labs in Seattle, if that helps. They have a decent website with decent rates (and if you find somewhere better in LA please let me/us know).

Steven