Kodak Moving Super 8 Production to USA

Guest santo

I find this an interesting trend, and perhaps a good indicator of how super 8 is now viewed by Kodak? A professional product? I guess it makes sense now that amateur grade crappy home movie Kodachrome 40 is finally gone and the film material in super 8 cartridges is all of a much higher grade. Kodak does manufacture its Motion Picture and professional films in the US with no plans to change that I've ever read or heard about from any credible source. But why would they? Continued record setting sales no doubt have a lot to do with that, and probably because the quality demanded by professional filmmakers is just too high to risk manufacture on the cheap somewhere else. No doubt there are many countries where high enough standards can be met, but they probably cost as much or more than US based manufacturing with the euro what it is.

Just doing some speculating on an issue I find interesting...

Super 8 returns to the country of its origin to be manufactured as no longer the cheap amateur format, but as a viable tool in the professional filmmaker's arsenal.