For Sale: 32mm, 50mm, 75mm, 100mm Cooke Speed Panchros (Series II)

• Premium Member
These lenses are great candidates for rehousing (ex. True Lens Services). Please let me know if you have any questions. A short video link for each is posted below.

US $3,000 each, or....
Buy 2 for $5,500 ($500 savings)
Buy 3 for $8,000 (1,000 savings)
Buy all 4 for $10,500 ($1,500 savings)

I'd prefer a local NYC or US-based sale, if possible. But I am open to the idea of shipping.

$3,000
32mm Cooke Speed Panchro Series II, T2.3, SN 668919. Arri Standard Mount.
Marked in Meters and Feet - CF as marked is 1.25'
Cosmetically the exterior is good - but as expected for a lens of this age, the original paint has rubbed off a bit on some of the feet markings.
Iris and focus both turn smoothly.
FE very clean from any scratches/pits/coating damage.
RE very clean from any scratches/pits/coating damage. An unusual circle in center of coating - I'm not sure what this could be caused by but it's very subtle and I'm pretty sure would not affect the image.
No visible oil on the iris blades.
Some minor internal debris and very mild/subtle yellowing.

$3,000
50mm Cooke Speed Panchro Series II, T2.3, SN 609172. Arri Standard Mount.
Marked in Meters and Feet - CF as marked is 3'
Cosmetically the exterior is very good/excellent - the lens looks like it was repainted in the last 10 years and hasn't had much use since. One of the screws holding on the focus ear tabs has been lost, so that sometimes dangles.
RE has no pits, but has a few small light cleaning marks (light coating scratches), and one or two small scratches, although small enough that I doubt the image would be affected in any noticeable way.
There appears to be some oil on the iris blades.
Some minor internal debris and very mild/the slightest hint of yellowing.

$3,000
75mm Cooke Speed Panchro Series II, T2.3, SN 743515. Arri Standard Mount.
Marked in Meters and Feet - CF as marked is 4.75'
Cosmetically the exterior is good - but as expected for a lens of this age, the original paint has faded and some of the fill paint on engravings has faded.
Iris and focus both turn smoothly, although the iris ring turns with a bit more resistance than the others.
RE very clean from any scratches/pits/coating damage.
Some minor internal debris and and really no perceptible yellowing - excellent for a 75mm CSP!

$3,000
100mm Cooke Deep Field Panchro, T2.8, SN 601076. Arri Standard Mount.
Marked in Feet only - CF as marked is 5'
Cosmetically the exterior is good - but as expected for a lens of this age, the original paint has faded and some of the fill paint on engravings has faded. The housing is a little wider in the focus markings than other 100mm Cookes I've seen, and it may be something custom since it's engraved "CAMERA SERVICE CENTER INC. NYC."
FE has a few very minor coating scratches (cleaning marks) only really visible when blasting a light from the opposite end.
RE has many light coating scratches (cleaning marks) only really visible when blasting a light from the opposite end.
There is some internal debris and and the slightest hint of yellowing.

100mmFEcloseup SMALL.jpg

75mmFE SMALL.jpg

50mmFEpic2 SMALL.jpg

32mmREpic2 SMALL.jpg

32mmPortrait SMALL.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Richard, I just got a 25mm and am quite interested. Waiting on an Arri-S to PL adapter from TLS to see if they work with my Varicam but I'll keep you posted. I live in Astoria

• Premium Member
Posted (edited)

Hey @Jack McGovern, thanks for your interest! I actually just yesterday sold the 50mm and 75mm. I had a lot of people reach out but everyone except this buyer had wanted just one focal length.

I do have an Arri Standard to PL mount adapter for anyone wanting to try a lens out on their PL mount camera, but I'd rather not sell that adapter at this time.

I still have the 32mm and 100mm available for sale in case you or anyone else is interested.

If someone wants them both and this month, I'd do $5,000 ($2,500 each) for anyone paying cash in NYC or LA (I'll be in LA for a week later this month).

Edited by Richard Joneleit
clarifying cost for both

ah damn ok. I'll have to think about it. getting all four at once was a big plus for me. I have another seller with a 32 and 40 and not sure i really need the 100 right now. I'll keep you posted.

PS the adapter does work!

• Like 1