Cannon XL2 or AG-DVX100??

Guest Trevor Swaim
I have really enjoyed this site and all the insight gained...however, I havent found as much as I thought I would on these two cameras... which is the best to purchase??!! I have no experience with either...

this is a really hard one to answer as we don't know what types of films you make. they are both great cameras so you really cant go wrong. but if i were you i would wait until the new jvc and panny come out to see if they are more your style.

Hi,

Short answer: XL2! no doubt, every time: higher resolution in 16x9!, interchangable lenses, better lenses availabe, much more extensive image manipulation menus (much more!), in my opinion is superior in every way! I have used both on features and the XL2 smashed the DVX!

Cheers.

Hi,

Short answer: XL2! no doubt, every time: higher resolution in 16x9!, interchangable lenses, better lenses availabe, much more extensive image manipulation menus (much more!), in my opinion is superior in every way! I have used both on features and the XL2 smashed the DVX!

Cheers.

thanks for the feedback... just thought i would ask those who have used both for a general opinion...

I'd hold off on buying anything until you'r about a month out from production. That will give you enough time to get familiar with it. There is a bit of a revolution happening with the consumer (prosumer?) cameras right now. Definitely want to check out the HDV generations of these cameras and the HVX200 may capture your fancy. If not thing else, the introduction of the HDV's will most likely lower the price of the others you are considering.