My new Video Tap for my CP-16R/A camera!

Matt Pacini

Well, I'm excited about the new mod's I've gotten on my CP-16R/A.

Paul Hillman did a terrific job. (Works at Visual Products).

I had the B&W video tap put in, plus had the shutter extension done, which will come in handy when I try Ultra16 (or if I upgrade to Super16 in the future), plus I had him go through the camera and lube & calibrate everything.

It will also be nice, since I got a Glidecam vest outfit (pretty dang hard to shoot like that without one!). Looking forward to learning how to fly a camera.

This will be my first shooting with a video tap.

I'm hoping my shoots don't come to a screeching halt, with everyone insisting on seeing playback after every shot!

MP

• 10 months later...

As of October 2006, Visual Products in Ohio no longer services CP-16's. As they put it, the work is too tedious for what it's worth. You can check with Paul Hillman directly, but it seems to be true. In the new age of hi-def video, you can't blame them.

As of October 2006, Visual Products in Ohio no longer services CP-16's. As they put it, the work is too tedious for what it's worth. You can check with Paul Hillman directly, but it seems to be true. In the new age of hi-def video, you can't blame them.

And who are you?

Guest Robert Skates

"in the new age of hi-def video..."

It's 2006, where is that flying car they promised me when I was in grade school? I doubt Hi-def had anything to do with their decision to stop service on the CP16, if indeed this is true. Hi-def has brought about a rebirth of sorts for super 16. It would seem that VP would have a greater demand for the super 16 CP conversion.

I check the Visual Products website

& so far they're still offering services and conversions on the CP16.

There is also no bullentin anywhere informing people

That they'll discontinue those service.

I'm not calling you a liar...but...