Mini DV Problem

Guest Sree2004

Guest Sree2004

I need some help guys. I bought Panasonic NV-MX 500 Digital Video Camera; everything works fine. Then I bought a Firewire Card (IEEE) and a Firewire Cable to do Digital Editing through Adobe Premiere. Initially I was able to capture the video and it worked fine.

Suddenly after a few days, I am not able to capture. I get the error "Mini DV Device Unavailable for Device Control". I replaced with a new Firewire Card, replaced with a new Firewire Cable, tried all the three Slots available in the Firewire card - BUT NO USE:(

I am now thinking the DV Cable Port of the Camera might have been damaged. Its a very expensive camera ($2000) and a brand new one. I bought this in Gray Market where there is no warranty :(

Can someone please help me find out what the issue could be.

MANY THANKS'

Sree

you might want to try looking at the settings it might of moved from the composite setting on adobe its happened to me before for try it . the worst that can happen is...............is doesn't work

Guest Sree2004
you might want to try looking at the settings it might of moved from the composite setting on adobe its happened to me before for try it . the worst that can happen is...............is doesn't work

Can u pls explain me what it means when u said "composite settings"?

• 4 weeks later...

Could the problem be that another software program has accidentally been configured to sieze the camera interface? I had a similar problem with two competing photo-editing programs, when one decided to sieze the TWAIN interface without being asked to. When the other program was started, and asked to acquire from the scanner, it reported that the TWAIN driver was not available, "please reload the TWAIN driver". I about went nuts reloading every update of the TWAIN interface on the planet earth, until I stopped long enough for a cup of java, then unloaded all the photo-editing programs and reloaded them again one-by-one until the problem was uncovered.

Perhaps a Pro-Lab would plug your camera into their download, and if it worked the camera is OK, and if it doesn't work..... ?