ARRI VARAIBLE PRIMES FOR SALE

Rich Steel

• Premium Member

The Arri Variables were used by Stanley Kubrick on Eyes Wide Shut so they are most defintely top notch lenses. This auction is for 2 of the 3 Arri Variable Prime Lenses. You are bidding for a VP2 and a VP3. I bought these units over a year ago now and have used them maybe 6 times. Both are in Mint condition and both have heavy duty Anvil Flight Cases. The only reason I'm selling them is I have a rather large TAX bill that I need to pay early next year. If I didn't have the TAX bill to pay I would most definitely be keeping these little beauties. FAST SPEEDS, over the entire Focal Length range both Primes have a constant aperture of T2.2 INNER FOCUSING on both lenses means the overall length of the lenses remain constant and Matte Boxes can be used without a problem. SCALES for Shutter, Focus and Focal Length have large numbers and can be read horizontally from both sides. ZEISS-T*-NON-REFLECTIVE COATING on both lenses minimises stray light and leads to an image quality with high contrast and extremely low reflection at high speed. So overall your getting: Superior Image Quality Full Super 35mm Coverage High Light Transmission (T2.2) Interrnal Focusing Mechanism Integrated Gearing for use with Lens Controls Systems Large Scales on Both Sides Square Front Masks to Prevent Reflections and Stray Light Time Saving through immediate adjustment of the Viewing Angle The VP2 Focal Length is 29mm - 60mm (6.5kg) The VP3 Focal Length is 55mm - 105mm (5.6kg) I'll throw in an Arri 19mm Bridge support bar FREE OF CHARGE. This cost me almost £300 (GBP) it's in AS NEW CONDITION. I'm not willing to sell the units individually both must go.

FORGOT TO SAY, MAKE A REALISTIC OFFER BY EMAIL.

CHEERS

• 3 years later...
Guest Brian C Murphy

Hello Rich,

You have 2 variable primes for sale?

Please confirm,

thanks, Brian

briancmurphy@telus.net

• Premium Member
Hello Rich,

You have 2 variable primes for sale?

Please confirm,

thanks, Brian

briancmurphy@telus.net

Hi Brian,

The VP's have been sold my friend. I wish I had kept a hold of them though as I almost gave them away $10,500 (US) for both of them....

Guest Brian C Murphy
Hi Brian,

The VP's have been sold my friend. I wish I had kept a hold of them though as I almost gave them away $10,500 (US) for both of them....

Hi Rich, Thanks for the reply.

That was a good price, I'm just a little too late.

I'll keep looking, Thanks again.

Brian