JVC miniDV

Evan Cox

I have a JVC GR-D30U miniDV camera. It worked quite well for some time, but now it does not. When I turn it on, I get all the little digital lights and such, but the screen is black, as if I had left the lensecap on (though I did not). IS THERE ANYTHING I CAN DO TO SAVE IT?

Guest Charlie Seper

Try making sure you have it set for AVI out instead if in. Even though you generally get at this through the "play" menu it'll still effect your recording. I don't have the same model as you but that's what I'd look at first.

Edited by Charlie Seper

Try to attach a monitor to the output and see if the camera has any video signal. If not your block could be messed up. Also try and record something and see if it puts anything other than black video to tape. It could just be the LCD, but it sounds like it could be worse than that.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest gregorscheer
I connected it to my t.v. and it was black, I tried to record something and it came out black. I'm completely stumped. I sent a message to the JVC guys, but they don't seem to like to talk much.

Looks like all you can do is see the repair guys a jvc they do have a hotline but are truly hard to reach I have been working with that camera model through many wedding and comercial productions, and found the image quality impressive for the price. I have no other Idea than there must be something broken. Do you still have the warranty?