La Belle Commpak DUO 16 Sound 8

Steppenwolf

Hello,

Did anyone ever see or use a La Belle Commpak DUO 16 Sound 8 Machine. It uses a Duo 16mm film cartridge with a seperate magnetic sound, Audio8.

I wonder whether someone has more information or details concerning this gadget.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

post-9900-1135017190.jpg

post-9900-1135017202.jpg

post-9900-1135017215.jpg

Hello,

Did anyone ever see or use a La Belle Commpak DUO 16 Sound 8 Machine. It uses a Duo 16mm film cartridge with a seperate magnetic sound, Audio8.

I wonder whether someone has more information or details concerning this gadget.

Thanks,

Jonathan.

Hi Jonathan,

I remember wondering about these strange beasts a while back too. I did an internet serch an came up with one or two nuts trying to work with them... Fun!

They belong with the suitcase-fitting Super 8 projectors that businessmen took to trade shows in the 70's. Obviously, the films must be worth a good viewing (and laugh!)... there's got to be stocks of these cartridges somewhere, but I'm sure they're disappearing fast, with all the 'outsourcing' (ie, factory closures) going on...

So, clearly, the cartridges are the main problem : they're rare, they're short, and if you want to stuff them with your own film, they're hell ! But those crazy sites somewhere in web-lala-land will give you all the indications necessary... and for those synch audio tracks too !!

I seem to remember they were also sold under another brand name, but my brain is too full of other crazy film machines to be sure at this point...

Have fun !

-B

Hi Jonathan,

I remember wondering about these strange beasts a while back too. I did an internet serch an came up with one or two nuts trying to work with them... Fun!

They belong with the suitcase-fitting Super 8 projectors that businessmen took to trade shows in the 70's. Obviously, the films must be worth a good viewing (and laugh!)... there's got to be stocks of these cartridges somewhere, but I'm sure they're disappearing fast, with all the 'outsourcing' (ie, factory closures) going on...

So, clearly, the cartridges are the main problem : they're rare, they're short, and if you want to stuff them with your own film, they're hell ! But those crazy sites somewhere in web-lala-land will give you all the indications necessary... and for those synch audio tracks too !!

I seem to remember they were also sold under another brand name, but my brain is too full of other crazy film machines to be sure at this point...

Have fun !

-B

Hello, Bobolex

I have found the website links to these weird-so-called engineers who made psychadelic experiments with this gadget. It was pretty funny as much as i recall. I use this machine for projecting live on rockn'roll bands while they're playing on stage. I have four cartridges, that contains unimportant visual information. I call this thing: Powepoint of the '70's.

What you project, is not a movie, but a slide show of different picture every frame. It is pretty short. I have opened the cartridges and found out, that there's nothing inside, except for the film. No wheels, no nothing. Just a film rolled. It is so primitive, but amazing though. The picture projected is great, and it works so smooth and fast. This is amazing, and the sound sounds very vivd, but really unimportant.

I tried my best to find something that works with these cartridges, from other companies. There's nothing. I don't even think the company or the inventor do remember they produced this machine. There's another item like this sold now on Ebay Auction. The seller knows nothing, probably like I me.

All i know that it was produced by La Belle, Oconomowoc, Wisconsin (The same like web-lala-land).

Thanks for sharing the piece of information though.

Cheers,

Jonathan.