DE vs. SE HMI's

Tim Tyler

Anybody have any suggestions when buying older DE HMI fixtures?

Should I 'just say no' to double-ended, or are they still fine if they're cheap to buy?

DE HMI's are fine on Fresnel Heads, Great soft light output. If you go with Pars, then you will want to go with SE HMI's. You can find DE HMI's heads pretty cheap at Pyramid Films in CA.

Hope this helps.

You may find great difficulty getting replacement bulbs, and those bulbs will be at a premium. Also, the less efficient design means less light for the same wattage.

There is no difficuty getting DE replacement bulbs, you can buy them anywhere and they are less expensive then the SE bulbs. Also, they are not less efficient . The reason you think they are is because DE globes are used more in Fresnel Heads which the output is less because of the fresnel lens and you think that a SE lamp is more efficient because when used in a Par there is no fresnel lens so you got more output light (no losses).

Well thanks, Gilbert. You're welcome too.

Please shorten your signature to 4 or 5 lines of text please.

No thanks Tim.

I like my signature just the way it is. If it was ment to be only 4 or 5 lines of text, then thats all you should be able to write in the signiture section of the control panel, 4 or 5 lines of text. Right? So stop playing GOD.

Please note the forum guidelines:

"Signatures may contain images, but may not be any larger than 300x100. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given or deemed unacceptable by staff, you will be requested by a moderator to resize or change your image. Please also try and keep text signatures under 5 lines. Failing to comply with a moderator's request to fix your signature will result in the removal of your signature. "

"Signatures may contain images, but may not be any larger than 300x100. If your signature is larger than the allotted size given or deemed unacceptable by staff, you will be requested by a moderator to resize or change your image. Please also try and keep text signatures under 5 lines. Failing to comply with a moderator's request to fix your signature will result in the removal of your signature. "

Hey Tim,

I have been noticing alot too how you try to play GOD!

Your not GOD! If You want to change the rules then you should limit what you can write on the control panel!

Jose Miramontez

Tim, now whats wrong with my image size? I believe it is alot less then 300X100, so why are you bringing that up?

Really?

Funny how the email address you registered under is 'hmilighting@hot****.com' and that you're posting from the same IP as Gilbert Navarro. Might you be the same person??

No thanks Tim.

I like my signature just the way it is. If it was ment to be only 4 or 5 lines of text, then thats all you should be able to write in the signiture section of the control panel, 4 or 5 lines of text. Right? So stop playing GOD.

Seems like a pretty reasonable request, Gilbert, so what's the problem? Maybe you think Tim should be subsidizing the advertising for your company?

Hey Tim,

Your not GOD! If You want to change the rules then you should limit what you can write on the control panel!

Jose Miramontez

He's not playing God, just trying to keep the forum organized and clean. The problem with this kind of signature is that it creates visual pollution and makes reading the posts a harder task.

Tim's actually been one of the most laid back and even-keeled moderators I've experienced. This forum is a great asset, let's try to keep things civilized. If someone asks for a bit of advice, it is not absolutely necessary for them to thank you for information. And if a foum moderator makes a direct request then it is a good idea to try to accomodate it. Beyond everything else this is just good manners.