Wide angle lens

Alex Mizin

Hello everyone,

I'm shooting a production with a XL2 camera that unfortunately has to be put into service for two days. Unfortunately I have to keep shooting and the only way to go is to shoot using my really basic consumer Panasonic NV-GS25. It is very basic but for thses specific scenes it will have to do.

What my question is that I need to get a wide angle lens for it. Panasonic has one supported lens but I ca'nt find it anywhere to buy. So is there a lens that can fit my camera? Or is there any other way i can stick on a lens? The lens on the camera is 30.5mm.

Any comments will be appreciated.

• 3 months later...
Hello everyone,

I'm shooting a production with a XL2 camera that unfortunately has to be put into service for two days. Unfortunately I have to keep shooting and the only way to go is to shoot using my really basic consumer Panasonic NV-GS25. It is very basic but for thses specific scenes it will have to do.

What my question is that I need to get a wide angle lens for it. Panasonic has one supported lens but I ca'nt find it anywhere to buy. So is there a lens that can fit my camera? Or is there any other way i can stick on a lens? The lens on the camera is 30.5mm.

Any comments will be appreciated.

There are a number of after market lenses available,that will screw right into the 30.5 thread, there are also ring adapters to kick up the 30.5 to a larger size lens fit. When I do this sort of thing I use over size Wide angle lenses so that I use more of the center of the lens than the edge, make sure you don't crop your pix view and or interfer with any external meters or buttons or whatever. I also use a square lens shade that's even larger, to catch any of that nasty unwanted side light. Buy the way most good camera shops have the stuff you seeeeeek!

Well that's it...back to my KFC.