Correcting orientation in the Telecine

Eugene Lehnert

I recently shot a bunch of footage with a new Super16 Bolex I purchased. I've gotten some of the film back that I shot and my shots are consistently uneven and I have some edge fogging.

When in a telecine session can I zoom into the image and recrop it? When doing this can I also rotate it to level the image out?

I obviously need to get the camera looked overhauled as I did get it off Ebay. The conversion was done out in Las Vegas. The edge fogging might also have been from handling the daylight spools in broad daylight.

But other than that the stuff I shot looks pretty damn sharp. Especially with the new 50D stock from Kodak. I could barely see grain in many of my shots. I wish I had shot more tests with the camera.

• Premium Member

Hi,

If the edge fogging is just at the beginning or end then its the direct light on the daylight spools.

All telecines are sold with various options, most but not all can zoom and rotate.

Stephen

I recently shot a bunch of footage with a new Super16 Bolex I purchased. I've gotten some of the film back that I shot and my shots are consistently uneven and I have some edge fogging.

When in a telecine session can I zoom into the image and recrop it? When doing this can I also rotate it to level the image out?

I obviously need to get the camera looked overhauled as I did get it off Ebay. The conversion was done out in Las Vegas. The edge fogging might also have been from handling the daylight spools in broad daylight.

But other than that the stuff I shot looks pretty damn sharp. Especially with the new 50D stock from Kodak. I could barely see grain in many of my shots. I wish I had shot more tests with the camera.